Evaluate the three pathological risk factors for the inheritance of Down Syndrome.
The patient is a 15 year old female well known to your office since she was 7 years old. Her mother has brought her to the office today to discuss birth control. The patient is a high functioning Down Syndrome patient.
- Describe briefly in one paragraph what is the pathophysiology of Down syndrome?
- Identify the common signs and physical attributes of patients with Down Syndrome.
- Evaluate the three pathological risk factors for the inheritance of Down Syndrome.
- What are the ethical implications of this scenario?
- 3 peer reviewed references less than 5 years old