Qualitative & Quantitative- Research proposal
In this outline (full paragraphs not required) you will decide on and develop details about two methods (qualitative and quantitative) that you will propose to use in your research proposal. To complete this assignment you will need to discuss these methods in depth.
In this assignment you will continue to develop the underlying ideas of your research proposal with a focus on a detailed description of the data collection methods.
This assignment does not need to be in full paragraphs–bullet points are acceptable.
- Summarize the topic of your research and your hypotheses or research questions. Explain why you think the hypothesis is true or what you think the answer to the question will be and why.
- Describe what type of research methods you would use in the proposed research. [In this course you already have this answer pre-selected for you in quantitative and qualitative methods but you can be more specific regarding how this will be administered].
- Justify this choice with quotations from Patten Fink or another expert.
- Explain in your own words WHY you have chosen these methods [yes your professor forced you; but this is to discuss how each method will strengthen your research].
- According to the book and class discussion what are some of the key choices you have to make concerning your use of the chosen methods?
- At this point in your planning what decisions have you made about those choices?
- According to the book what are some ethical issues that each of these methods raises?
- How will you address these potential ethical issues in your design?
Attached are previous assignments related to this topic