Describe the differences between health education and health promotion.Explore a community-based health promotion program.
Health Promotion Theory
Theories provide a foundation or framework for the understanding and application of complex concepts. Theories of health promotion provide an understanding of the motivation or self-efficacy of health care seeking behaviors for individuals groups or populations. Health promotion models help healthcare professionals in conducting community needs assessments or developing and evaluating health promotion activities.
Assignment Criteria:For this assignment develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
- Describe the differences between health education and health promotion.
- Explore a community-based health promotion program.a. For example: Million Hearts Healthy People 2030 WHO United States Preventative Services (USPTF. Special Olympics Fit5 program YMCA YWCA Alcoholic Anonymous A Silver Sneakers cardiac rehabilitation diabetes support groups Grief Support Mental Health.
- Determine a health promotion model or theory that could be applied to the selected community-based health promotion program.
- The scholarly paper should be in narrative format 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
- Include an introductory paragraph purpose statement and a conclusion.
- Include level 1 headings to organize the paper.
- Write the paper in third person not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I we you me our may not be used. In addition describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
- Include four professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
- APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar a title page a reference page and in-text citations).