Identify and define health disparity related to the advanced practice nurse’s area of practice or chosen specialty.
Health Promotion Process
Health Promotion Process Paper (25 points)There are significant differences in the quality and span of life between individuals and some populations experience a disproportionate amount of disease burden. This assignment will identify a health disparity and discuss social determinants of health epidemiology cultural considerations and health care literacy.
Assignment Criteria: For this assignment develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
- Identify and define health disparity related to the advanced practice nurse’s area of practice or chosen specialty. a. HIV/AIDS
2. Discuss three social determinants of health.
3. Describe how the three social determinants of health could influence the identified health disparity.
4. Identify the epidemiology associated with the chosen health disparity
.a. Specify the incidence at the state level
b. Specify the incidence at the national level
5. Describe the cultural considerations related to the chosen health disparity.
6. Describe the health care literacy challenges of the population impacted by chosen health disparity.
7. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format 4 to 5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
8. Include an introductory paragraph purpose statement and a conclusion.
9. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
10. Write the paper in third person not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I we you me our may not be used. In addition describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
11. Include three professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
12. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar a title page a reference page and in-text citations)..