How can the United States lessen its dependence on fossil fuels? Explain
Proposal arguments are common forms of writing especially in the professional world. The goal of a proposal argument is to propose a solution to solve a problem. This task requires you to propose a clear solution to a specific problem and then provide evidence to support your recommendation.
Note: Choose only one of the following topics for your essay.
- How can the United States lessen its dependence on fossil fuels?
- What can be done to improve the college graduation rate?
- How can a city promote the use of public transportation?
- What can be done to promote better health for the American population?
- Write a proposal essay (suggested length of 4–7 pages). In your essay do the following:
- Respond to one of the given topics.
- Provide an effective introduction.
- Provide an appropriate thesis statement that previews two to four main points.
- Explain the significance of the problem.
- Propose a clear recommendation with support to solve the problem.
- Provide an effective conclusion that includes an evaluation of the importance of the topic.
- Include at least three academically credible sources in the body of your essay.
- For your sources include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.